Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our highway is NOT an F1 circuit

I went out with my brother yesterday to do some shopping. *I'm convinved that I don't have anymore interesting clothes to wear anymore>_< tehee..:p
Then, on my way there, there was a police car speeding past us. At first, I was a little scared that the police was after my car. It was a highway, a quite empty one at that, so of course, I drove like an F1 racer*according to my brother:). Then, after quite some time we reached at a roundabout. I was curious to why the traffics seemed so slow, then I realised that there was an accident there and the police car we saw earlier was actually rushing to the scene. The ambulance was not there yet, since I saw there was a guy covered in blood, just saw the face, lying on the ground. And of course, there were lots of 'caring' spectators standing around, idling, not knowing what to do. I bet the guy was still alive at that time because people actually put an umbrella there to shield him from the sunlight. Well, from my experience of witnessing these kind of accidents, if the guy is dead, they would cover him with something, cloths or anything. I also noticed that there was another guy sitting on the road, facing the lying guy, which I assumed his friend. Maybe they rode together.

Honestly, I think motorcycle is very dangerous, either on its own or with other vehicles. I've lost count on how many times I saw or heard about accidents involving motorcycles. Yes, I'm aware that not all motorcycle riders ride recklessly. But, some are just pain in the arse. There's thousands of times when I got chill and nearly have a heart attack when I'm driving because of them. Yeah, after all, all that's matter is whether we ride it safely or not. I guess car drivers also have lots of accidents. It's just that I think if all people drive carefully, respect the law, and tolerate each other, accidents like these can be prevented. It saddens me when I witness an accident, especially when it involves motorcycle. Our life is precious not just to ourselves, but also to others who care deeply for us.

And by the way, if any of you reading ever come to Malacca, be careful of the two roundabouts at the Batu Berendam roadway. They're kind of dangerous. I've seen two accidents already this year when I was passing there. I pray to God that none would happen in the future, but yeah, be extra careful okay.
 

p/s: I'm really pissed off if I saw people talking on their handphones while driving, or sms-ing. Come on, pull over or something, or just wait till you reach your destinations. Or, use the freaking bluetooth headset if the call is really important. For me, I usually put on the loudspeaker. Easy and not distracting. Or, I just let the call into voicemail.:p

0 comments:

 

What the heart says Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template