Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I did turn off the AIR-CONDITIONER

  I'm freezing.No, it's not raining or snowing outside(snow??almost impossible in our country la kn..) Rather than staying outside,enjoying the warmth of the sun, I chose to be inside, with the air-conditioner turned on. I know it's bad actually to be in an air-conditioned room throughout the day, my skin gets dry and wrinkly, and I happen to sneeze more than once in a day. Plus,there's the shivering factor, and the urge to go to the bathroom though I don't even consume anything (ewww,not a very pleasant topic). My mom always tell me to shut it off during the day or whenever I'm not in the room. But, I'm too lazy to do that. Hey, I just want to go outside for a couple of minutes. No need to turn it off and on right. 
    
     However, that's a very bad habit. You see, we, should conserve the energy. And air-conditioner for once, uses up a lot of energy. The colder your room is, the more energy is actually consumed by this wonderful man-refrigerator.But, of course we want to turn it on all the time, considering that we live in Malaysia, where hot weather is inescapable. Turning it on and off is also not a great choice, because air-conditioner and a few other home devices, such as refrigerators, freezers, furnaces, they actually have large motors, thus they require a large amount of power when the motor first start. Therefore, we can say that it needs a lot of energy to be turned on. I think the best way is we turn it on during the night, have it off during the day. Well, if the day is hot enough, turning it on for a few hours would not be bad.


     Or...we can use the conventional way, back to the basic, the equally wonderful spinning blades, that we call fan. There are ceiling fans, standing fans, sitting fans??, from the ten-bladed fans to the commonest 3-bladed fans. So, it's fine actually if we do not use the air-conditioner. Be real, we are in a hot weathered country. A little warmth wouldn't hurt right.. Although people actually call me 'puteri lilin'. haha.. I couldn't help it, since I tend to easily sweat. Guess my metabolism is rather high..:)






By the way, I've turned off the air-conditioner already. My parents just got home. lol




That's all..

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah, same here. High five!!!
I just LOOVE to turn on the aircond during the day ( bulan puasa pulak tu) and sleep inside the room during the day. Haha.

But later on I feel guilty.
Guilty for sleeping too much, being unproductive throughout the day. T___T
Guilty towards my parents because they're the one who're paying the electricity bills.
Guilty towards the environment and the thinning of the Ozone layer! >_<

But really, we can't help it, can't we? Huuu

ummu said...

yep.High five back!!!
haha..but yeah, i really try to use the air-cond less during the day since of course it's a must to use at night..lol

Looks like we're being injustice to so much things eh..:P

if u're feeling guilty,turn off the air-cond then!haha

Sarah said...

Cannot. Must use air cond. My place so hot one. Unlike the old UIA Kuantan -before they chopped down the trees. :((

ummu said...

Ok2..can't help it la if like that..:P

My room in uia now is lots cooler than the previous one.Guess the trees do make a lot of differences eh..
I wonder if they're going to chop all the trees, the monkeys gonna have a riot, I think..lol

Mechteld Abelli said...

It is important that we turn off our ACs too. It needs some time to rest and cool down. Anything that is overused is deemed to be damaged! You can always open your windows and let natural air cool your home.

-Mechteld Abelli

Unknown said...

Exactly, Mechteld! We regularly turn off the AC to save on the electric bills, to conserve energy, and maintain, or prolong, its lifespan. You can use window fans to draw cooler air in. In our case, the only time we turn the AC unit on is when my dad arrives home. :]

- Launce Newlove

Darryl Iorio said...

You’re right. I'm from Arizona and we choose to sleep on a cool night with the AC on instead having it on during the day. It's because it's very hard to sleep when it's hot and most of the family aren’t around during the day anyway. But if everyone's at home and enjoying the time with the family, making an exception of turning it on by day is not really a bad idea!

Darryl Iorio

 

What the heart says Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template